Monday, February 22, 2010

Galaxy Express 999 Episode 001

Thus begins the story of the greatest space opera of its era… Galaxy Express 999… (Read: Galaxy Express Three-Nine)


Episode 001: Departure Ballad

The year is 2221 AD. With enormous advances in technology… Intergalactic travel is now a matter of routine… On Earth… a massive high tech metropolis called Megapolis has been built as a hub for the ‘Space Train’ system… a network of space going ‘Trains’ which spans the entire galaxy…

Only the wealthy may call Megapolis their home… and the poorer folk are cast out and made to live in terrible conditions… the citizens of Megapolis are by and large cyborgs… that is… humans who have forsaken their natural bodies to obtain longevity by transferring to mechanical bodies… Cyborg bodies are highly sought after… but are too expensive for common folk to obtain… It is the dream of all those who reside outside of Megapolis to one day obtain similar cyborg bodies…

Given their poverty… these folk were quick to catch upon the rumor of a planet in the far reaches of the Galaxy where one could obtain a cyborg body free of cost… but in order to get to the planet… one had to board the Galaxy Express 999… and tickets for the Galaxy Express 999 were also very expensive…

The protagonist of this story… a young boy by the name of Tetsuro is heading towards Megapolis with his mother… in hopes of earning enough money to board the Galaxy Express and obtain cyborg bodies for themselves… However… on the way… they are ambushed by a group of Megapolis Cyborgs led by “Cyborg Duke”… they killed Tetsuros mother for sport… ‘Human hunting’ being a favorite pastime of the rich cyborgs in Megapolis… They abandon Tetsuro in the cold wilderness thinking that he would soon die of overexposure to the elements… Tetsuro gets buried in the snow and faints…

Tetsuro wakes up in a warm room in the company of a very beautiful woman… who looks very much like his mother… She identifies herself as Maetel… She offers Tetsuro an unlimited ticket for the Galaxy Express in exchange for him being her ‘guard’ during the journey… Tetsuro is tempted by the offer… but his thirst for vengeance is too great… He overhears a transmission from the Duke as they celebrate their kill and learns that the Duke and his men are not too far away from where he and Maetel are… he grabs a gun and heads towards the Dukes home despite Maetels warnings that he would become the enemy of all the cyborgs if he killed the Duke… After reaching the Dukes residence, Tetsuro kills everyone present and tries to escape the hordes of ‘Robo-Cops’ chasing him… he is eventually surrounded by robotic dogs… but manages to escape with Maetels help…

Maetel and Tetsuro are hiding in a ritzy hotel… (Maetel has a fan-service shower scene here *Nosebleed*)… Maetel seems to be having a conversation with someone about Tetsuro, but denies it when confronted by Tetsuro… just then… the cyborg police manage to find them, but Maetel manages to escape with Tetsuro and they both board the Galaxy Express… As the 999 departs… Tetsuro is awed by the quaint appearance of the train… (see Screenshots) … He wonders why it was designed that way… Maetel tells him that it was meant as a small comfort… a reminder of their past lives… to those passengers who might never return to earth again… Tetsuro swears that he will return with a mechanical body... and Maetel advises him to take a good long look at the lit up cities of the earth... appearing to be so many bright dots on a black canvas since this will probably be the last time he will see them with human eyes...

Next Episode: The Red Winds of Mars!

17 comments:

  1. Another of Leiji Matsumoto's master work... too bad Crunchy is not accessible in India...

    Kyo can you download the flash videos for us mortals :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You serious? Not accessible huh? Well tell you what... I can upload epis 34-113 on rapidshare or sumsuch website fairly quickly if you want... those files are about 55 MB's a piece.... 1-33 might be a bit tough to upload since I dont have the smaller versions for those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great!!

    You have FTP to animeindia right? If you can upload it there we an set a direct HTTP link for anyone interested...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you sent me the ftp info... but I must have misplaced it again... sorry about that. I will check in my various PM's.... but just send them to me once more... to my animeindia PM or something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW... its weird that its not accessible in India... I think it was someone from India who first told me about crunchyroll... I think it might have been SG saying he watched Capeta on it... well... not sure it was SG... but someone said they watched Capets on Crunchyroll on the old old (PHP) animaxindia forums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PMed you the FTP credentials on animeindia.

    The series is not available in India due to licensing restrictions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What if you use IP masking? Bounce off a European or US server somehow... but I will try to get those files to you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have a paid account on Crunchy? or they allow you to watch/download videos for free in US?

    A VPN might help... but I don't have access to one right now... I might get one for a month if I can confirm that we can download all eps...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You cant DL epis from crunchy unless you pay for em.... well... not legally anyway...

    You can watch lower definition versions of the epis for free... I think the resolution is like 480X360 pixels or sumsuch... and I guess you could rip those videos off using an flv grabber or something...

    If youre a paying member (I think its like 12-15$ per month) You can watch the Higher Def versions of those epis... and I think you can watch more series... (some are apparently restricted to paying members only...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh... Ai... I think I got most of those files upped to the animeindia site... I think I might be short 4-5.... the upload was interrupted cause I had to dash off to class... but I will fix that soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg!! Now that's some serious speed...

    I purchased a VPN connection and started downloading from Crunchy... just completed first ep... @30 Kb/s you see >_>

    Mirroring files to MU, RS and HF ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://animeindia.com/forum/index.php/topic,1775.0.html

    I'll have all the links up in a day or two...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Downloading from crunchy? The Flv's? Or are you paying for them? I think its $2 a piece for an epi man.... and dont worry about DLing past ep 33... cause after Ep 33... the ones I uploaded are actually Crunchy rips.... wait... I already said that.... didnt I? Anyway.... after Ep 33... the epis I uploaded are from Crunchy... but I got em via torrent...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was downloading the FLVs... >_<

    I've uploaded 100 files to RS and 70 odd to HF... then MU phew!!

    Should be enough for anyone interested in this series ^_^

    Thanks for uploading the files bro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anytime buddy... I wish I could do the same with LotGH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've all eps of LotGH in rmvb format...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice... I have the Gaiden and movies too... got em a while ago... havent gotten round to watching ALL of the gaiden yet... saw about a dozen epis... pretty cool....

    ReplyDelete